What is Click Flooding
Click flooding is a type of mobile ad fraud that happens when publishers/affiliates intentionally report a large number of fraudulent clicks in hopes of taking credit for the last click before a conversion happens, so that they are getting previously attributed organic traffic.
Click Flooding often relates to very low Conversion Rates and longer than usual Click to Conversion Times.
The two main problems related to Click Flooding are that:
- it needs to be stopped before the traffic reaches the advertiser and
- that it requires reliable Click to Conversion Data to operate. This is why we have designed a filter that is specifically designed to block this type of Fraud.
NOTE: This filter relies solely on the analysis of the Click Stream Data.
The CLick Flooding filter is ideal for the following use cases:
- Realtime Blocking at Click Level is required
- No Conversion Data is available
- iOS Campaigns where no reliable CTIT is exists
- Blocking ClickSpam activities on Mobile Campaigns
- Cookie Dropping on eCommerce Campaigns